Good Friday is both a religious occasion and a public holiday in the Philippines, where most people follow the Christian faith. It occurs two days before Easter.
So, I am not Catholic but being a public holiday, I woke up at around 1PM.
Gym is closed until Easter so yeah, I had a pretty good excuse of not going there.
I literally spent the next 12 – 14 hours watching a series of movies, some titles I cannot even remember. Here are some of the movies I saw:
- Paycheck – Ben Affleck gets paid doing things and well, his memories are erase after each job. I thought it would be nice to just erase some parts of my brain, hook me up in some computer and delete parts of it, right? Then again, I don’t need one since as it is, I already have difficulties remembering faces, names and events from more than a year ago. Oh well.
- Client List – I loved this so much. Jennifer Love ended up working in a spa as a masseuse where prostitution was a part. A raid happened and her hubby found out her work. To avoid 2 yrs of minimum jail time, she had a list of high profile clients in exchange. I was expecting there were going to be conflicts around the list. It was interesting that the story focused on her personal struggles after the raid.
- Up in the Air = Clooney hops from one state to another as a “terminator”, a job terminator. His task is tell people they no longer have a job. His character was a motivational speaker also who talked a lot about a backpack, how heavy a backpack can be, and how an empty backpack is a lot easier to carry around. As it turned out, Clooney ended up wanting something in his backpack, but that something was already in someone else’s bag.
- Quarantine 2 – This one I won’t even bother writing more than 10 words about. Oops, I just did.
- Missing – father and daughter Tommy Lee Jones and Blanchett went out looking for one of Blanchett’s daughters who was kidnapped. Story revolved around the father and daughter relationship– and how the father gave his life for the daughter– who he left at an early age. Nice ensemble.
- The Net – Bullock plays a computer genius (I think) and got herself involved in some scam. As she had possession of a disc to prove the said scam, the “enemies” changed her (online) records from Bennett to a certain Marx.
- Rachel Getting Married – Hathaway struggles to fit in as she went back home for her sister’s wedding. On her 9th month of being clean (from drugs), she had issues around her relationship with her divorced parents and her sister. A nice movie i must say, although there were some dragging parts.
So there’ My good old good friday. No church. No prayers. No fasting.
A lot of movies.