Here is the link for the July to October, 2016 Philippine HIV Registry==>
Some highlights were:
- A total of 3,112 were newly diagnosed for the 3 month period (July to October)
- 333 were AIDS cases, more than 10% of the 3,112 new cases
- 133 were female (4.2%)
- 11 cases were less than 15 years old, 9 cases were males
- 885 cases were within the 15-25 y/o range.
- From July to Oct, 122 adolescent cases were noted (10-19 y/o range)
- 22 / 3112 cases were reported among pregnant women; 11 came from the NCR
- 89 reported deaths in the period noted above
- 41% of the 3,112 cases came from NCR, while Region 4A reported 15% of the 3,112 cases (468)
- 947 / 3112 cases reported bisexual contact, this is roughly 30%
- 233/3,112 cases were Overseas foreign workers (OFW), around 7% of the newly diagnosed
- 331/3,112 reported to have engaged in transactional sex; 108/331 reported to have “accepted payment for sex only”, 100/108 were male
*Note delay in registry report were due to some systems upgrade from our partner’s end over at the Epidemiology Bureau.