Here’s the latest HIV and AIDS Registry of the Philippines, report came out early this month. As of June, 2016:
- A total of 841 cases, highest monthly report ever. Average of 26 per month. Four years go, we were reporting 9 per month.
- 104 / 841 are AIDS CASES. This means that their cd4 count came back as lower than 2o0 or they are showing AIDS defining conditions
- 3 cases were reported to be less than 10 years old with 456 / 841 coming from the 25 – 34 yr old range
- 4 pregnant women were diagnosed.
- 63 deaths.
- Top three regions: NCR (40%), Region 4A (15%) and Region 7 (7%) of the 841
- 60 cases were reported to have been infected from sharing infected needles
- 287 men / 742 new male cases reported bisexual contacts.
- 226 / 841 cases were from the youth (15-24 yrs old) with 36 adolescents newly infected (10-19 yrs old)
- 64 OFWs were reported out of the 841 cases
- 34 bags of donated blood units were confirmed positive for HIV and were discarded
For more information, please like us on FB / send us a message: