I just saw a post from Vince Red on Facebook:
Manila Social Hygiene Clinic will extend our operating hours starting July 1 from 8am-5pm regular clinic hours and …5pm-9pm– AVAIL Our free services for HIV Testing, RPR screening. (for more information) Please call 711-6942.
It’s nice to know that we have yet another clinic extending its clinic hours up until 9 in the evening. To clarify, free HIV testing runs from 8AM to 9PM, but it would be practical to call the number above to find out what their cut off time is. The extended testing hours may accommodate those coming from work after 5PM or those who might be on night shift (pre-shift, maybe).
Things you might want to ask when you call their hotline number:
- Is treatment also extended till 9PM?
- Are their doctors until 9?
- (When diagnosed positive) What are the cost implications should you expect if you remain there for treatment?
The Manila Social Hygiene also acts as a satellite treatment hub for HIV as well.
Tips: As I personally frequent San Lazaro visiting clients, we have had at least three incidences of snatchers attempting to steal from patients’ watchers or visitors in the area. Please be careful and avoid wearing jewelries while walking around the area. Do avoid texting or using your cellphone while walking as well.
How to get there?
- From Baclaran (South of Taft) or Monumento (North), take the LRT and get off at LRT Tayuman or LRT Bambang, you may walk over to the map below or get a tricycle.
- From SM San Lazaro, get a tricycle
- From Abad Santos, go to Quericada street or Tayuman, and find a tricycle.
Here’s a location map: