So here’s the January2016 HIV & AIDS report for the country:
EB_HIV_Jan-AIDSreg2016 courtesy of our friends from the Epidemiology Burau of the Department of Health.
- 804 new cases with 46 percent coming from the National Capital Region followed by the Calabarzon region 4A.
- 804 new cases, 776 males vs. 28 females, with 94 on AIDS stage
- 804 new cases, No one below 15 years old. 31 cases were aged 17-19 years old. 423 cases were from the 25-34 age range.
- 33 cases recorded from infected needle-sharingtransmission
- 64 reported deaths. 1 within the 10-19 y/o range, 60 of 64 deaths were male.
- 804 new cases, 3 reported diagnosed pregnant with HIV, 38 OFWs
- 804 new cases, 10% engaged in transaction cases
In 2008, the Philippines was averaging one case per day. In January, 2016, we were averaging 27 cases per day.