Here is the latest file of the registry for HIV & AIDS in the Philippines as emailed by our friends from the Epidemiology Bureau.
CLICK HERE —- EB_HIV_Nov-AIDSreg2015
Some highlights were:
- 627 new cases, 52 cases were AIDS stage which is less than 8.5% of the total cases for the month.
- NCR has the most number of cases followed by our neighbors in Region 4A (Calabarzon), 3rd would be Region 7
- The 25-34 age range consisted more than 51% of the new cases, 2nd age range would be 15-24 years old (30%)
- 32% of the new cases reported bisexual contact, 14% of the new cases were hetero-contacts.
- 25 new cases were male adoloscents (13-19), interestingly, the ONE case of mother-to-child transmission was reported within this age range
- Of the new cases, 78 were engaged in transactional sex, while 51 cases were OFWs.
- 174 deaths were reported in November, 20 of which are within the 15-24 age range
Please read the attached PDF file for more information.