It’s the eve of a National Holiday here in the Philippines and today, our peers in the HIV advocacy has received the September 2015 HIV & AIDS Registry of the Philippines (HARP), thanks to Dr. Kate Leyritana for forwarding the email over to me.
- 692 new cases reported. This brings the total to 5901 year-to-date. That’s close to 25,500 since we first monitored the number of cases in 1984.
- 647 cases were asymptomatic, that’s 93.5% (assumed) early diagnosis.
- The top 3 regions with the highest number of reported cases for September 2015 were: NCR with 270 (39%) cases, Region 4A with 128 (18%) cases and Region 3 with 60 (9%) cases.
- Reported modes of transmission (MOT) were sexual contact (667), needle sharing among injecting drug users (IDU) , and mother-to-child transmission (1). Yes, we had a diagnosed case of less than 15 years old.
- 59 overseas foreign workers (OFWs) were reported to the HARP in September 2015, comprising 9% of the total newly diagnosed cases for the month
- 11% (79) of the reported cases engaged in transactional sex
- There were 13 reported deaths in September
SO READ ON…..
CLICK HERE—>>> EB_HIV_Sept-AIDSreg2015 (1)
For more information, please visit us on facebook: HASH-HIV AIDS Support House Inc or email us at email@example.com